Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: please help, set up issues! hercules rmx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi,

having issues re setting up my hercules rmx with virtual dj 7.

i have audio settings as such:

input-none
output- main-1,2, head phones- 3,4
sound card- rmx

the issue i have is if i use this setting the main output audio is extremely distorted, no bass.

if i reverse audio settings to main output channels 3,4.. the audio is crystal clear but only play main output.

any help would be much appreciated.

i did have it all working at one point earlier but has since all gone wrong somewhere.

cheers

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 10:30 am
Have you tried uninstalling hercules drivers and reinstalling them?

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 1:59 pm
Try

Output: Headphones Master: front output/ Headphones: Rear output

Soundcard: 4.1 Speakers RMX

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 7:47 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Are you using a 3.0 USB Port?

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 9:10 pm
In case you didn't, make sure you have the latest drivers from Hercules http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html There have been some updates to them since the ones that came in the installation disc.

Then configure the sound to:

Inputs:None
Outputs:Headphones(Master ch 1&2/Headphone ch 3&4)
Soundcard:Hercules Rmx

Also make sure you have the latest version of VDJ by registering your VDJ Pro. Otherwise use the original version that comes with the rmx, which is 5.2.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 10:12 pm
thanks for all reply's,

will try this later as busy with work,

just seemed strange that it suddenly didnt want to work out of ch 1 & 2 properly

will play around this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 4:33 am
have re-installed drivers, and the cue/headphones now work through settings- master-ch1&2 headphone-ch 3&4.

the sound is still majorly distored with a white noise present while no music playing.

could this be an issue with the rca ports?

if this is the case, will going out of the 1/4 jack into amp work instead? or do these jacks play individual tracks and not main output?

thanks

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 1:52 pm
try unplugging your laptop. you might have a groung loop

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 10:51 am
Try using battery only. The 1/4 jacks are for main output to speakers or amp.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 11:45 am

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 12:31 pm
im am new to all this dj stuff, and in trying to sync mac book to my hercules rmx, somthings not right even when i plug in usb nothing pops up to say i have synced, i have down loaded virtual dj 7 home edition and i have been trying to sort this out for 5 days now and i feel like dashing the console out the window lol please help me

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 7:19 am
The Home version doesn't support controllers.

As can be seen from the product comparison chart, the only versions of VDJ that support controllers are LE versions (which only support the controller they ship with) or the full VDJ Pro.

However, for testing things out, you can use any version of VDJ for 10 minutes at a time, or you can enable a trial period.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 7:49 am
ok you need to go to the bottem bar and set the setting to make the rmx asio , then go back into sound setting and then make it the 1-2 master and the 3-4 head phones ( but you need to select the rmx as the herc rmx asio as the sound card and the issue will change . dont forget to go into mapping settings and select the setting at the right side that says hercules rmx to midi and hid... the issue will fix right then.. I will check back

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 11:39 am
rmx comes with le . it works fine in version 7 as its playing my music at this exact second.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 11:40 am
where can i change asio-audio?
when i want to start mine hercules dj console rmx the programme say: 'error in asio-audio'
can you please help me???
thanks
C.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 9:12 am
when i start it

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 9:39 am
I would re-install your drivers and this should fix the issue.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 10:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)