Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: TIDAL STEMS ARE OUT - Page: 3
Well obviously if all the copyright holders involved have given you personal permission to upload their material there's no issue. You could have just said that in the first place.

If on the other hand, you're assuming that because YouTube are playing the copyright holders, that gives you permisson - that's not the case.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 23 @ 1:23 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
groovindj wrote :
Well obviously if all the copyright holders involved have given you personal permission to upload their material there's no issue. You could have just said that in the first place.

If on the other hand, you're assuming that because YouTube are playing the copyright holders, that gives you permisson - that's not the case.

Correct

Posted Wed 06 Dec 23 @ 2:04 pm
Yep, and its more or less over the board at this time. The Artist, Labels, Licensing Agencies were the ones pushing for this, due to fact that Stems alter the original soundtrack or recording I guess. Seems they're ok with looping, cutting, and altering beat & pitch in realtime, but stripping or separating the content is a no-no. It's not just VDJ, and not just TIDAL. I see it getting implemented as a general rule throughout DJ software and streaming providers, depending on their primary form of media & copywrite.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 24 @ 9:27 pm
RydroidPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Probably going to be canceling Tidal after this month. I have been s subscriber for over 3 years, most of it on the $20/month plan. I feel I should be able to listen to music the way I want to listen to it. To remove stems is absurd, especially for paying subscribers and DJ's. I own several pieces of commercial DJ hardware that are hard linked to work with Tidal. Now it is not even possible to use this purchased hardware with stems as a DJ would. It is even more frustrating. It can still be done but you just have to download the track somehow and then use stems. Tidal is basically just making it more difficult for us (the people that pay them in the first place).

Completely Ridiculous!

Posted Sat 20 Jan 24 @ 6:23 pm
Ok so why does Tidal allow Stem seperation on Serato? I'll wait

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 9:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 9:50 pm
daleControlleristMember since 2015
This sucks so much. I live in Japan, so my streaming options are limited, and I was able to get Tidal working only to find they are under the spell of the copyright axis of evil. We'll lose the ability to pause one day.

Looks like goodbye Tidal.

Before I do the VPN/Wise dance to get another service, does anyone know of a streaming service that definitely works with stems? Is Deezer still working?

Posted Sun 28 Jan 24 @ 3:20 am
user12010048 wrote :
Is Deezer still working?

Yes, Deezer is still working with stems
For now at least

Posted Sun 28 Jan 24 @ 2:05 pm
daleControlleristMember since 2015
Thanks! I've just cancelled my Tidal and gone with Deezer. I can confirm it works with stems, and Deezer also works in Japan without messing around with billing details and VPNs! Win-win!

Posted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 12:12 am
do you have any experiences with doing the same with other tracks than from Tidal? for example downloaded video files from YouTube? some of them switch stems off but some not...

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 4:56 pm

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 5:17 pm
Hey just a quick question. So with this changes you can't use tidal at all? When I subscribe I was able to mix tidal catalog songs with no problem. I don't use any Fancy effects or anything. All I do is mix the song from tidal . This means I can't use tidal at all even with just mixing their songs?

Posted Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 10:17 pm
Yes you can use Tidal for DJing - but you have to subscribe to the Tidal DJ Extension on top of your individual Tidal account.

The DJ Extension will allow you to cache Tidal tracks for offline playback, use stem separation and also save precomputed stems from cached Tidal tracks.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 24 @ 9:59 am