Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tag editing question
Hi! I used Mediamonkey as a faster way to get through tag editing all of my music but I noticed the updates were not showing in VDJ. In the VDJ Tag editor the old info (genre, star-rating, etc) are still in the tag fields with the updated info below, which I then have to manually click on to update the tag field.

I'm wondering if there is any way to expedite this, I have a lot of music to get through.
Is VDJ keeping a database of all of the old tag info that needs to be reset?
Thanks! I'm having a great time getting to know VDJ!

Posted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 2:23 pm
select the files right click and hit batch then reload tags :-)

Posted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 3:43 pm
user28480722 wrote :
Is VDJ keeping a database of all of the old tag info that needs to be reset?

Yes, VirtualDJ keeps it's own database regarding your media files, and it's the primary source of all the info displayed throughout the software.
VirtualDJ will read the tags of your files to fill the info on it's own database, according to getTagsAuto setting, the first time it sees a new file.
After that, VirtualDJ will NOT re-read your tags, nor update it's database, unless you ask it to do so.
So, if you use tools that are external to VirtualDJ to edit/update your media tag files, you will have to ask VirtualDJ to batch reload the tags of your files.

Posted Sat 20 Apr 24 @ 5:13 pm
Awesome! Now I understand I need to update the database. That explains a lot. Thank you.

Posted Sun 21 Apr 24 @ 2:16 am